Thursday, July 19, 2007
My mom, sister and me re-upholstered them.
First we had to remove all of the old fabric and foam from all of the chairs.
Then I cut new foam with an electric knife (think thanksgiving) to fit the size of the chair base.
Next we took big pieces of the new pretty fabric and sandwiched the foam between the new fabric and the wooden chair bases. We had a two person operation stretching the fabric and stapling it to the base.
Last was just trimming the excess fabric from the bottom and re-attaching the seats to all of the chairs.
Voila, new chairs.
So far Im working on one set up with a plate of grapes, wine bottle and small vase. This will be my first painting in about 5 years not counting the 6 foot one I did for my grandparents a couple years ago. Painting, fortunately, is something you never forget how to do.