Thursday, July 19, 2007

new seats

We found a really nice wooden table and six chairs really cheap. The wood is in really good condition and only needed a little wood oil but the seats of the chairs were yucky.
My mom, sister and me re-upholstered them.

First we had to remove all of the old fabric and foam from all of the chairs.

Then I cut new foam with an electric knife (think thanksgiving) to fit the size of the chair base.
Next we took big pieces of the new pretty fabric and sandwiched the foam between the new fabric and the wooden chair bases. We had a two person operation stretching the fabric and stapling it to the base.
Last was just trimming the excess fabric from the bottom and re-attaching the seats to all of the chairs.
Voila, new chairs.

No comments: