Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Million Doors for Peace


This is what I was doing last weekend. Along with tens of thousands of Americans all over the country.
Going door to door right in my neighborhood asking the 40 people on my list to sign the petition calling congress to end the war in Iraq and bring troops home with a year. We are not simply collection signatures.
Over the past 5-6 years we have marched, we have lobbied Congress, written letters, and said this war must end.
The goal here was to find NEW people who we havent met yet, and havent made up their minds yet. Our lists are compiled of newly registered and infrequently voting neighbors. Not just the same people who already agree with us to end the war. The idea is to deliver this petition to congress with a whole list of new supporters of ending the war in Iraq.
Here's the petition.
Also see the Responsible Plan to end the war in Iraq.
I did meet a few of my neighbors, one right in my building, that are very supportive of ending the war. That made my day.

No comments: