Monday, May 12, 2008


OK, So I cant take it anymore, Its time to get political on this blog.
I have tried to restrain myself and keep this art and craft related with a few slips here and there, but this really urked me!
I was watching some talk show this weekend(maybe Chelsea Lately) and Shia Labeouf was on saying he got arrested in Burbank for smoking. WHAT?!? Well, he wasnt actually arrested like he said on the show but he did get cited. Apparently, this law went into effect may 12, 2007. I must have juked the cops on my last IKEA visit.
I ran across an article while researching on the subject that I really agreed with. It said...
"Women are already being forced to nurse their children out of public view because this natural and necessary event is repugnant to some. Women are being pulled off of airplanes because somebody considered their dress inapropriate. Recent articles speculate that being fat is contagious. Will we next say that no fat people are allowed within 5 ft of outdoor gathering places and event areas? Maybe bulimia is also contagious. Will thin people be next on the banned list? "No! That's ridiculous," you say. That's precisely what smokers were saying twenty years ago, and that is why I now see things differently. Now, I realize that the loss of one person's rights ultimately means the loss of rights for us all."

OK, cars and burning fossil fuels are a greater harm to people and the environment but they are not banned, there is no ban on sodium laureth sulfate which is in most shampoos and contains dioxane a known human carcinogen, there is no ban on hydrogenated trans-fat yet in large amounts are known to lead to obesity. The point is its YOUR CHOICE! Everyone makes their own daily decisions. These are called CIVIL LIBERTIES!
I could go on and on. I think the point is made.
That article again... "American society seems bent on taking political correctness to outrageous lengths. Soon there will be no segment of society except rich white male nonsmokers allowed in public places. There will always be some reason identified to ban another group."

So from this point on, I say...


FUCK YOU, Burbank



You have made it very clear that you do not want my business. From now on I will drive to the IKEA in Carson or Covina and I will instead drive to Eagle Rock to shop at Target. I will never visit your homogenized chain restraunts and mall.

No comments: