Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tim Burton

I think Tim Burton is a genius. My favorite film he made is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I even went to the movie theater near my house when I was about 15 to see it again for the 2nd or 3rd time alone on a rainy day. Even tho that kind of thing was greatly frowned upon by my peers at that age and kids were often calling out LONER even your just walking down the hall alone, as if someone needed to be with you at all times to ensure popular status. High school is so stupid. I remember people were saying stuff like "Hey lets drop some acid and go watch Nightmare", thats a idea, but this film is so stunning that drugs are not necessary. I used to listen to the score by Danny Elfman and knew all the words and I loved the film so much I went to see it again and again at El Capitan around halloween.
Before all that I loved Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and Edward Scissorhands. (Did I mention I adore Winona Ryder?) His shorts were awesome too, like Vincent narrated by the very creepy Vincent Price and The Sandman.

Later, I also love Ed Wood, Mars Attacks!, and Big Fish.

I cant wait to see Alice in Wonderland - I hope I will like it. Im sure I will, just be the sheer beauty of it. The amazing gardens, beautiful. I saw the portfolio of Daphne Yap at work and her wallpapers they used in the film are rad.

Tim Burton @ MOMA




SICK!

No comments: